Cyber Security of Social Robots and the Internet of Things
Revision as of 18:19, 2 June 2017 by Mkinzler
- Learn about common practices developers use to build an Internet of Things (IoT) system where some action is taken based on sensor data.
- Learn how to setup and program at least one personal assistant or social robot (such as Google Home or the JD Humanoid from EZ Robots)
- Design and develop an IoT system that includes at least one sensor producing data that is sent to a personal assistant. The data will either be communicated directly or through a cloud connection.
- Brainstorm and research the literature on security threats and vulnerabilities pertaining to such IoT systems. Focus on those that are specific to systems including personal assistants.
- Outline possible ways to protect from at least one such threat/vulnerability.
- Interact with Google Home; record voice commands and responses; comment on usability.
|Week 1 - Orientation and Research General Topics||* Go through orientation and get set up in lab * Research general topics such as networking layers and different IoT architectures; learn about the sensors and microcontrollers that will be used in this project|