I am a senior from Marquette University graduating August 2011 with a BS in Computer Science.
REU orientation day
I have been oriented and know which way is up.
Weekly lab group meeting for individual progress reports.
Met with Dr Brylow to discuss some of the finer details of what I should be working on.
Experimented and familiarized myself with the XINU network stack.
Read bug reports relating to the network stack.
Met with Dr. Brylow to discuss and set milestones for our project.
Completed a graphic map of the network stack.[]
Created the project page on the wiki. []
- Weekly lab group meeting
- Started a high level documentation of the XINU network stack.
- Created a dead simple echo server/client to demonstrate the UDP networking features.
- Finished the UDP echo client/server example
- Wrote UDP documentation
- Started work on the TCP example
- Set up an account on the XINU wiki and added a new networking section []
- Added documentation to the XINU wiki for TCP[], UDP [], ARP [], and Routing []
- Created an example program for sending and receiving messages over TCP[]
- Tested maximum transmission rates over UDP.
- Did a statistical analysis of the effect of packet buffer pool size on networking performance.
- Standard lab meeting. Presented findings on max throughput testing and buffer size.
- Refactored testing functions and made them into shell commands.
- Bad Sci-fi night!