Revision as of 06:25, 12 June 2015 by Brylow
I'm Joe Pintozzi and I will be a senior at Marquette in the Fall of '09. I am currently working towards my bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering. I will be working on the "Xinu Team" this summer in lab 310.
Week of May 18th
- Created user accounts for both Wikis and Trac
- Read through XINU wiki to get background information on projects I will be working on this summer
- Awaiting access to the MSCS network since my account has been disabled
- Temporary stand-alone account created on Szabo for the time being
- Checked out trunk from subversion, compiled and ran successfully
- Download and review Intel and AMD flash specification PDFs
- Intel, 41-48
- AMD, 30 - ?
- Look over TTY code from /tools/console/unix/braches/zlund
- Filled in comments in own tty-*.c code for further clarification
Week of May 25th
- Tweaked tty-bridge code, tested on Morbius
- Need to throw more data at the serial port, it isn't having a hard time keeping up. Must force write errors......
- Decreased max bufsize to force tty-bridge to run out of buffer quickly.
- Write auto-compensates by waiting until there is room in the buffer to write
Week of June 1st
- Went over FOS paper
- Attended weekly 2pm Thursday meeting
- Afterwards discussed FlashRAM development
- Soldered WRT54GL router
- Made an AMD flash image of chub
- Tested the HDM Debricker on chub
- Did not break chub, but did not necessarily fix it either....
Week of June 8th
- Modified the hostname of chub from "chub.xinu.mu.edu" to "joe.xinu.mu.edu"
- Flashed chub to original image, if successful the hostname will be changed back to "chub.xinu.mu.edu"
- Hostname still "joe.xinu.mu.edu". HDM did not work.
- Went over FPGA paper
- Killed chub
- Searched for Debricking alternatives, HDM seems to be the only one, and v48 is the newest revision
- Started entering AMD Command Codes into flash.h
- Updated trunk-2.0 and created new file - physicalAMD.c
Week of June 15th
- Went over Dingo paper
- Removed Chub, placed Dask back into the JTAG group, tested HDM
- HDM works! Hostname changed back after flashing. Failure with Chub may be due to an electrical short from a header pin.
- Put Dask back and hook up Davros to the HDM, change hostname and flash
Week of June 22nd
- Flashing did not brick the router, be neither did it change the hostname back
- Attempted to manually input starting address and length of flash memory
- Same result as before
- Added more commands to the PhysicalAMDControl
- Added more definitions in flash.h for the AMD commands
Week of June 29th
- Presented my flash presentation to the REU students
- Tried different HDM debricking techniques with Davros
- Unsuccessful so far
- Updated repository with my code
- Tested to make sure there was compatibility first
Week of July 6th
- Selected and presented the paper "Eliminating the Call Stack to Save RAM"
Week of July 13th
- Went over Augmented Reality paper
- Discovered HDM is not erasing blocks when flashing
- Found branch of HDM called the Tornado MOD
- Hypothesized about why HDM isn't working
- Erased Davros with Tornado
- Put image back on with HDM
Week of July 20th
- Davros is unstable
- Took most of the week of (1/2 of Tuesday and on)
- Went to Vegas
- Came back with MUCH less than I left with
- Flew on a plane with Brian Rancor
Week of July 27th
- Ryan prepped a JTAG on Mandragora
- Attempted to flash Mandragora after changing the host name, the host name has not changed leading me to believe it was never erased
- Erasing and flashing separately, awaiting results
- Built 'screen' and 'urjtag' on Aneth
Week of August 3rd
- Came in early Monday
- Mandragora does not stop in the same place every time.
- Bad cable? Defective buffer?