Revision as of 17:52, 23 June 2016 by Mjbaker4
Michael Baker is a Computer Science major attending Saint Cloud State University in Saint Cloud, Minnesota.
Week of 5/30 - 6/03
- Orientation and discussion of project options.
- Assignment of SimSYS project.
- Library Orientation and presentation on researching in databases.
- Meeting with Dr. Brylow and Dr. Longstreet.
- Read Meta-model paper and VLC Paper for SimSYS Project and wrote summaries for both papers.
- Video Conference with Dr. Cooper(Project lead).
- Got the code for SimSYS from Github. Able to open it in Eclipse and run parts of it. Learned that the preview tool mostly works as we can preview one of the test cases.
- Only one game is working, or can be previewed at least.
- There are some syntax errors in the wizard as well as some other places in the project.
- Got access to the Dropbox from Dr. Cooper.
Week of 6/06 - 6/10
- Read through the SimSYS Game Specifications published by Dr. Cooper and Dr. Longstreet.
- Did research on Learning Analytics. Read some papers published on learning analytics and how it relates to serious educational games.
- Mid-week check-in meeting with Dr. Cooper to discuss SimSYS.
- Resolved syntax errors in the code.
- Worked on code refactoring, especially in the Wizard.
- Working towards verifying test cases 1-6 against the new schema and getting them to load in the preview tool.
- Approximately half of the test games have been updated to the new schema and are functioning in the preview tool.
- Week 2 Check-in meeting with Dr. Brylow and Dr. Longstreet.
Week of 6/13 - 6/17
- Finished verifying test games 1-6 against new schema. Also validated "StudyGame."
- Responsible Conduct of Research Training.
- Read grammatical evolution paper and discussed how ideas in that paper might be abstracted to work with SimSYS.
- Switched projects to CubeSAT.
Week of 6/20 - 6/24
- Met with Dr. Corliss and group several times throughout the week.
- Re-flashed demo application onto TI-TM4C launchpad and got it to run.
- Watched TI-RTOS workshop tutorial video 1-4 and did labs 1,2, and 4 (no lab for 3).