- Incoming junior | Computer Science/Math majors at Marquette
- Working with Dr. Dennis Brylow on the concepts of Computer Science Education and Embedded Systems
- Crossword puzzle enthusiast && newspaper peruser | Proponent of 24-hour time | Iron chef in training | frisbee thrower | chess player | sports watcher | distance runner | Python user
Week 1 (May 31 - June 3)
Read and annotated the following papers:
- Initialization in Scratch: Seeking Knowledge Transfer. University of Chicago/UC Santa Barbara.
- MUzECS: Embedded Blocks for Exploring Computer Science. Marquette University.
- Hands-On Networking Labs with Embedded Routers. Marquette University.
Discussed preliminary project ideas with other researchers and mentor.
Created a new and improved model for implementing Chrome Browser IDE for MUzECS.
Attended Dr. Kim Factor's research talk on how to be a good researcher.
Researched Code.org's MUzECS alternative, including:
- The Arduino LilyPad platform - analyzing and comparing to the Arduino Leonardo and Uno, the platforms on which MUzECS currently operates
- The Johnny-Five (J5) framework/platform for robotics and IOT devices
- Code.org's AppLab interface for creating programs in a block-based IDE